My course is City and Guilds Design and Craft Level 3 Certificate in Patchwork and Quilting.
It's via distance learning and I can work at my own pace, with completion within 5 years, as that is how long my registration is valid for. I am hoping to finish before then but my progress is not as fast as I would like right now! This is what I have to do:
Design sheets on five different topics - Texture, Line, Shape, Form, Colour
- Drawing and Designing – Line Portfolio, Non-Block Patchwork
- Blocks, Foundation Piecing, Shape – Design Portfolio, Candidate Notes
- Appliqué, Colour Design Portfolio
- Appliqué, Texture Design Portfolio
- Quilting, Form Design Portfolio
- Machine Quilting, Design for Wall Hanging
- Colouring Fabrics, Colour Theory, Designs for Container or Box
- Appliqué and Fabric Manipulation, Design for Accessory Item
- Equipment Folder, Fastenings Trimmings, Designs and Sampling for Interior Décor Item, Working the Container/Box
- Finishing and Edgings, Finished Accessory, Item Design for Quilt
- Geographical Quilting, Worked Interior Décor Item, Quilt Care
- Mounting up and Presentation, Candidate Notes, Make up of Quilt – Last Piece, Completion of Log Book, Business Costing
Progress as of April 2012 - nearly finished module 4, only 8 modules to go!!!