Monday 18 June 2012

Introducing the Kukla Dolls

Ok, so it has taken me longer to blog about my most recent quilt than it has taken to make it.  Mainly because I have been waiting for an opportunity to get outside and photograph it, and trust me, waiting for a sunny day has taken a long time!  But here we are at last, mid June, and thankfully the sun seems to have resumed service. 

So anyway, I would like to introduce you to the Little Kukla Dolls.  Aren't they cute?!




And I rather like the pairs of little love birds on the back too;



I wanted to make another cot sized quilt that was a complete departure from the usual colours I would go for (ie. girly pink, florals, blues, purples etc.) and so it was a nice change and a lot of fun using such vibrant colours.  I loved doing the bright orange hand quilting too.  Yes, I hand quilted the whole thing with diagonal lines; I must have too much time on my hands!  But I really like the effect so I think it was worth the time investment. 

My C and G coursework is having to take a back seat for a month, as I am making lots of preparations for a certain little girl's 3rd birthday party - A Flower Fairies Tea Party to be precise.  Flower Fairies fabric arrived on my doorstep last week, and it's crying out to be made into bunting.  I am going to make lots of other bits and bobs too, not necessarily sewing related, but you will have to wait until after the big day to see them ;-)

I have another busy week ahead, which might just include worshiping the elusive sun when it shines.  I hope the sun is shining for you too. x


8 comments:

  1. How lovely and cheery! Flower fairy bunting? it sounds very sweet. I hope that the party goes well when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your latest baby quilt - especially the hand quilting. The colours have worked beautifully - you must be so pleased with it.
    Can't wait to see your Flower Fairy bunting. Are you going to make a tutorial?
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous quilt, so bright and cheerful! Just the thing for this awful summer we're having!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and pattern here. The dolls are definitely cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those colors and yes, the dolls are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it great when we move away from our usual colourways and it works so well - the quilt is fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors on this are so summer like! I love this! Stopping by from plum and june and new follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet quilt! I love the colors and the hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!