Saturday 1 September 2012

Fresh Sewing Day

So here we are again, the first of the month, and as always I feel that everyone else has made so many more things than me - not sure why this happens because I sew almost every night??!  I do have one small finished project that I can't show you till next month, and I have been doing lots of (time-consuming) hand quilting, as well as being away for a long weekend, so that's my excuse for my small number of finishes.  I'm telling myself it's quality, not quantity!

Here they are:



Top Left: Hand quilted baby quilt for my friend Sarah to give as a gift to her friend

Top Right: 8 metres of bunting that I was commissioned to make for my friend's daughter's  bedroom

Bottom Left: My 'Tea in the Woods' Mugrug - my tutorial for  the Plum and June Bloghop

Bottom Right: Another little commission - a cross stitch baby sampler
 
 
I have also been trying to catch up with some of my City and Guilds coursework.  It's not finished, but it's getting there, here is a little mosaic of some of the research I have been doing.  It includes researching 'form', my chosen artist, Phillip King, and the History of Quilting. 

 
 I have also been bitten by the 'I need to make another quilt immediately' bug.  Yesterday I literally dropped everything, and even skipped lunch as I planned and pieced a quilt top.  It's not quite finished but here is a little sneak peak:

I am completely in love with these fabrics - Trade Winds by Lily Ashbury

My other exciting new is I went to a (very small) exhibition yesterday of Welsh Quilts.  I have some pics to share, taken courtesy of my lovely friend Emma on her iphone (I SO need one for this reason!) but I shall save that for another post. 

Linking up with:

Lily's Quilts

And:

Knotted Cotton

 
 
Because sometimes I am a slow blogger and other times I'm not, it just depends if life gets in the way!!
 
Thanks for stopping by and here's to a productive September :-)

10 comments:

  1. I love your cross-stitch sampler. You must have a lot of patience, 8 metres of bunting and hand quilting! That's productive to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the baby quilt, beautiful colours and the bunting looks fab, a really pretty month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks to me like you got lots done - and they all look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic to be working for commissions. 8 metres of bunting is quite an achievement. I love that Tradewinds fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a whole lot of bunting! Lovely finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right, Sarah! It's about quality. And you're hand stitching too! I'm impressed. Wishing you a happy sewing September!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you've achieve quality and quantity, everything is gorgeous! Loving the Tradewinds fabric and looking forward to seeing more of the quilt you're making with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see the quilt you are working on next.
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy to find your blog! I especially love your little mug rug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've made some beautiful things this month! I'm looking forward to seeing your trade winds quilt. I'm meant to be making one for my daughter but I keep putting off cutting into such lovely fabric :)

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!