Wednesday 8 February 2012

Popular Patchwork

I realise that having a new baby and a toddler is not conducive of high output of C and G coursework.  In fact it has come almost to a grinding halt, apart from about an hour's work yesterday when Freya was at the childminder and William was sleeping.  

My days are filled with toddler entertainment and my nights with feeding and nappy changing.  Not a lot of 'me' time.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining; my children are my pride and joy, but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss a few quiet hours with a needle and thread or working on some designs. 

Anyway, I had been thinking for some time that I would like to subscribe to a quilting or craft magazine so that I can at least keep abreast of the crafting world, and start a collection of magazines to refer to in the future.  (I used to have about 6 years worth of The World of Cross Stitch but I gave them all away.)  And when I was in my local Spar shop, I spotted Popular Patchwork...



After a quick flick through thought I would make the purchase.  I am only half way through reading it (2 children now remember!) but I am really enjoying it and decided to subscribe.  The added incentive being that if you subscribe now, you get a free book...and who could resist!


So I am awaiting my new book with much anticipation, so that I can drool over more gorgeous quilts and maybe get some inspiration for when I one day in the distant future get a chance to do some sewing again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!