Sunday 26 February 2012

My Felt Aquarium

All sewing and craft related projects continue to be on the go slow at the moment.  William is, after all, only 4 weeks old, and with Freya in tow too, most of my time and attention is in their direction.  A situation made worse by an extended period of illness; a cold then sickness for Freya and a cold for little William too.  I won't go into details, but our house resembled a chinese laundry for a large apart of the weekend, in a desperate attempt to banish the germs!

However, prior to this I was able to complete a little project that I came across on this gorgeous and irrisistable website;  http://www.purlbee.com/

I am in love with all things felt at the moment and I couldn't resist having a go at making the mini felt aquarium.  I already had a stash of felt and just needed a couple more colours and some magnets...and I came up with this...



And I even got to use my lovely pearl cotton threads to stitch them together.  Here are some close ups so you can see them more clearly.

A pair of angel fish
A jelly fish, coral and sea urchins

Clownfish, coral and urchins


It has pride of place on our fridge door :-)

I really enjoyed this little project and it is all I can do to resist making more felt creations.  I must concentrate on my coursework!  But there are some gorgeous little Easter projects and a funky Halloween bag that I figure I could adapt to make into an Easter bag ready for going on an Easter egg hunt...we shall see.   

I have somehow found an hour or two to do some coursework; I am currently using the textured papers I made to create designs based on photographs of the Jersey landscape.  So far I have come up with 4, and I need about 3 more.  I shall post some pictures next week. 

And as usual, I have been surfing the net and I keep finding things that I would like to buy, (oh dear bank balance) and most recently another magazine to subscribe to!  This one is a new title that comes out on 28th February, called Modern Quilting and first heard about it this morning on a blog called Lily's Quilts.  (Click on her link on the right hand side of my blog for more info.)  The magazine looks like it has a really fresh approach to quilting with a contemporary style (hence the title) and I think the projects are going to be right up my street.  I have managed to get a 6 issue subscription for £18 as I was one of the first 100 subscribers - can't wait!! 













1 comment:

  1. These are sew(!) cute. I bet Freya loves them! Hope they feel better soon. X

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!