Tuesday 1 May 2012

It's That Time Again!

Well it's the beginning of a new month, and with it comes the sunshine.   Let's hope it's the start of things to come.  But before I look forward, I am going to take part in:


Lily's Quilts


Which is basically a round up of what has been achieved in the previous month.  And here's the bit where I get fancy.  I have taught myself how to make a photo mosaic :-)  So rather than rambling on about what I have made in April, you can see for yourself:



Oh and, most importantly, I completed and passed module 4 of my coursework :-)

And along with my new found photo mosaic skills, I have been learning how to use Touchdraw for the ipad to design quilts.  Once again, all thanks to Lynne from Lily's Quilts.  It's been great fun and I think it will be a really useful skill to have for the future.  But I have to say, even though I am relatively young (ish) and have been brought up with computers, I do find that technology is moving at such a fast pace, it really is a struggle to keep up! 

All in all I think I have achieved quite a bit in April, now the pressure is on to get lots done in May!  First priority - finish my quilt for William - this will mean lots of midnight stitching, but it's going well, photos coming soon :-)

And now it's time to get social; I am taking part in:

Lily's Quilts

So if you are new to my blog, then it's lovely to meet you!  Please do become a follower and I look forward to following you back and getting to know you.  I have lots of exciting things pending this month and I very much look forward to sharing them.


5 comments:

  1. I love photo mosaics, don't you? It's such a great way to collect your projects! Sounds like you're really enjoying your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing your coursework! It sounds like a fun program. Happy Fresh Sewing Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you! Your schooling sound super fun! Can't wait to see what your quilt for william!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on passing your module. I'm super impressed, and don't know how you manage it with two little ones! You put the rest of us to shame!


    Also where's your modern quilting post gone? It was here one minute and now gone?

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am here looking for your magazine post. Its disappeared and there I was getting all excited from the snippet read.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment - I would love to hear from you!